PYP Programme Brochure كُتيِّب برنامج السنوات الابتدائيّة
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) is for students aged 3-12.
Students in the 21st century are faced with the challenge of learning about an interconnected world where knowledge is constantly developing. The International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme prepares students to be active participants in a lifelong journey of learning.
The IB Primary Years Programme for students aged 3 to 11, focuses on the development of the whole child as an inquirer, both in the classroom and in the world outside.
The IB defines "international education" as:
- Developing citizens of the world in relation to culture, language and learning to live together;
- Building and reinforcing students' sense of identity and cultural awareness;
- Fostering students' recognition and development of universal human values;
- Stimulating curiosity and inquiry in order to foster a spirit of discovery and enjoyment of learning;
- Equipping students with the skills to learn and acquire knowledge, individually or collaboratively, and to apply these skills and knowledge accordingly across a broad range of areas;
- Providing international content while responding to local requirements and interests;
- Encouraging diversity and flexibility in teaching methods