Middle Years Programme
The Middle Years Programme (MYP) is the International Baccalaureate (IB) educational programme for students aged 11 to 16.
Ajman Academy is a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Programme and pursuing authorization as an IB World School.
IB World Schools share a common philosophy-a commitment to improve the teaching and learning of a diverse and inclusive community of students by delivering challenging, high-quality programmes of international education that share a powerful vision.*
*Mission Statement from IB
The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. To this end the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment. These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
For further information about the IB, visit https://www.ibo.org/
The MYP Curriculum provides:
- flexible approaches that allow teachers to meet local and national curriculum requirements
- rigorous learning objectives and consistent assessment criteria
- opportunities for meaningful interdisciplinary teaching and learning
- emphasis on critical and creative thinking, social and emotional well-being, and learning how to learn
- deep inquiry into human identity and global challenges that explores what it means to be internationally
- the ongoing discovery of service as action through engagement with local and global communities.
|MYP Subject Brief||Links|
|Individuals and societies||Click Here|
|Language acquisition||Click Here|
|Language and literature||Click Here|
|Physical and health education||Click Here|
|Interdisciplinary learning||Click Here|
We are perfectly located off the E311
Sharjah - 15 mins
Mirdiff - 20 mins
Ras Al Khaimah - 35 mins
Silicon Oasis - 25 mins