AJAC student wins an OxfordAQA Go Further Award for ‘Top in the UAE’ category for International AS Physics.READ MORE »
Middle Years Programme
The Middle Years Programme (MYP) is the International Baccalaureate (IB)’s educational programme for students aged 11 to 16. Currently, we offer the MYP to students from Grade 6 to Grade 8.
The MYP Curriculum provides:
- flexible approaches that allow teachers to meet local and national curriculum requirements
- rigorous learning objectives and consistent assessment criteria
- opportunities for meaningful interdisciplinary teaching and learning
- emphasis on critical and creative thinking, social and emotional well-being, and learning how to learn
- deep inquiry into human identity and global challenges that explores what it means to be internationally
- the ongoing discovery of service as action through engagement with local and global communities.
MYP classes at Ajman Academy choose from six Global Contexts to establish a real-world framework for each unit of study. The Global Contexts and the applicable descriptors are:
- Identities and relationships – Who am I? Who are we?
- Personal and cultural expression – What is the nature and purpose of creative expression?
- Scientific and technical innovation – How do we understand the world in which we live?
- Orientation in space and time – Where? When?
- Fairness and development – What are the consequences of our common humanity?
- Globalization and sustainability – How is everything connected.
Ajman Academy is a candidate school* for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Programme and pursuing authorization as an IB World School.
IB World Schools share a common philosophy-a commitment to improve the teaching and learning of a diverse and inclusive community of students by delivering challenging, high-quality programmes of international education that share a powerful vision.
Click here to follow our dedicated MYP Twitter account.
The organisation of subjects in the MYP at Ajman Academy
For grades 6, 7 and 8, the MYP at Ajman Academy offers the following subjects from eight subject groups.
|MYP Subjects||No. of Lessons (Grades 6,7 and 8)|
|Language & Literature:
|Individuals & Societies||3|
|Physical & Health Education||2|
|Arts – Visual Arts||2|
Based on a 5-day cycle (7 lessons per day, 45 minutes per lesson)
We are perfectly located off the E311
Sharjah - 15 mins
Mirdiff - 20 mins
Ras Al Khaimah - 35 mins
Silicon Oasis - 25 mins