Primary Years Programme
Pre-KG to Grade 5
Ajman Academy is authorized to offer the Primary Years Programme (IB PYP) of the International Baccalaureate (IB) which provides a comprehensive curriculum framework for teaching and learning in the primary years (Pre-KG to Grade 5). The curriculum and pedagogy of PYP focus on international perspectives of learning and teaching while insisting that students fully explore their home culture and language.
Pre-KG at Ajman Academy
Ajman Academy is ever ready to meet the needs of our community, both local and expatriate. Our school is a community school that is ready to embrace continued development as a necessary process to remain effective and to serve the needs of parents who are seeking a quality and caring pre-school for their young children.
The school, being the only International Baccalaureate World School authorized to offer the Primary Years Programme in Ajman, wishes to embrace our youngest of learners. It is our aim to offer an educational experience that caters to the needs of every student at every level in an environment of fun, inquiry, and play-based learning leading to an excellent and enjoyable learning experience for all.
We are committed to the belief that parents are our partners in the education of their young children. For this reason, the Pre-Kindergarten at Ajman Academy promises parents the right to receive accurate information, access to staff to answer questions, or concerns and the opportunity to engage and involve themselves fully with us in the education of their children.
Additionally, we promise our parents that Ajman Academy Pre-Kindergarten will:
- Provide a welcoming, caring and personalized experience
- Ensure the transition between home and our educational environment is smooth and secure for the child’swell-being
- Ensure the child learns through fun and play
- Provide a safe and secure environment for every child
- Ensure that children utilize digital technology safely and for educational purposes only in accordance with Ajman Academy standard
- Deliver a world-class curriculum through the International Baccalaureate’s Primary Years Programme Framework
- Deliver a quality learning experience ensuring the Ministry of Education regulations and standards of excellence
- Provide an environment that is inclusive
- Welcome and respect the different cultures and languages of all children, embracing the positive contributions international-mindedness has on the community as a whole
IB MISSION STATEMENT
The aim of all IB programmes is to develop internationally minded people by encouraging students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right. (www.ibo.org)
IB-PRIMARY YEARS PROGRAMME
The IB-PYP curriculum is a curriculum, a philosophy and a methodology for young learners from Pre-KG to Grade 5.
In this programme, the emphasis is placed on transdisciplinary and inquiry-based learning.
The core focus at Ajman Academy is learning and teaching in a caring, safe and welcoming environment where students are challenged to strive for personal excellence. The school believes in encouraging children to enquire.
They are encouraged to do research work and question themselves: How? Why? and When?
HOW IS THE PROGRAMME TAUGHT?
The most significant and distinctive feature of the IB Primary Years Programme is the six transdisciplinary themes. These themes are about issues that have meaning for and are important to all of us. The programme offers a balance between learning about or through the subject areas and learning beyond them. The six themes of global significance create a transdisciplinary framework that allows students to “step up” beyond the confines of learning within subject areas.
- Who we are
- Where we are in place and time
- How we express ourselves
- How the world works
- How we organize ourselves
- Sharing the Planet
The programme puts great emphasis on learning about these transdisciplinary themes. Every theme is addressed each year by all students. The themes provide the opportunity to incorporate local, global and moral issues into the curriculum.
Scope & Sequence of our Curriculum
- English and Language
- Physical Education including Swimming
- Social Studies (including History and Geography)
يرجى الضغط هنا لمزيد من المعلومات عن تعليم البكالوريا الدولية باللغة العربية.
We are perfectly located off the E311
Sharjah - 15 mins
Mirdiff - 20 mins
Ras Al Khaimah - 35 mins
Silicon Oasis - 25 mins