Digital Leaders Programme
Ajman Academy aims to enhance the use of technology in teaching and learning by introducing a School Digital leader Programme. We collaborate with our students to develop and improve our use of technology and its integration into the school environment.
A Digital Leader
A digital leader is a student who is part of a digital leaders' team within Ajman Academy; their role is to support technology use, particularly iPads, across the school, and share their skills and expertise with other students, classes, and teachers. Digital Leaders will also be part of a service that offers to:
- Assist and support teachers and other students the importance of Digital Citizenship and the ISTE standards and expectations of students.
- Have a good understanding of how to stay safe with technology and share that with others.
- Assist teachers and other students in understanding coding applications.
- Contribute and monitor areas of the school platforms.
- Test and review new digital resources.
- Feed into whole school decisions about the future development of technology.
- Lead lunchtime or after school iPad/coding clubs.
- Support teachers in using technology in the classroom.
- Run or contribute to parents' meetings.
- Share expertise with other schools that run similar technology programmes.
- Host staff meetings to train staff.
- Create how-to video help guides.
- Attend training sessions when they are arranged both in and out of school.
The 2020-2021 Programme
The School Digital Leaders Programme will be launched as part of the School Digital initiative Strategy to promote digital adoption and encourage students' productive use of technology. During the 2020-2021 programme, this will provide students with opportunities for workshops and training that includes the Apple Teacher Programme, Everyone Can Code, and Everyone Can Create Apple Education Curriculum. Students will also become advocates for students' ISTE standards and provided support and workshops on communications and presentation skills. This is an opportunity for students to become involved in an exciting and innovative programme that can involve learning at many levels while promoting hands-on learning. The Programme supports project-based learning and knowledge creation through the use of new technologies. When students take part in the Programme, they will engage with technology to address real- world challenges.
The Programme will:
- recognise those students who are pioneers in the use of new technologies
- maximise the possibilities for students to become more active in their local community
- lead learning through the use of new technologies
- enable students to make a real difference through the use of technology.
The Programme will allow students to take part in training tailored to meet the needs identified in the Digital Leaders Programme. Students will improve their key skills, including:
- critical thinking
- creativity and
- teamwork and collaboration.
- Real-world engagement.
The Programme based on three themes as below:
A Digital Leader should act as an ambassador for the school, demonstrate leadership, network effectively with others, and share information with a broader audience through physical and digital media.
A Digital Leader should demonstrate excellent communication skills, including the ability to create resources to help others use technology effectively, work with individuals or groups educating them on the use of technology, and present confidently to a range of audiences.
A Digital Leader should demonstrate their ability as a technologist by utilising appropriate technical knowledge and skills, reviewing existing and new technologies, and using a range of technology in line with school Online Safety policies and curriculum.
We are perfectly located off the E311
Sharjah - 15 mins
Mirdiff - 20 mins
Ras Al Khaimah - 35 mins
Silicon Oasis - 25 mins